CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Assinment #7







The link to the assignment is --> click here <--



Which category of Canadian Personalities interested you the most? Did you like the "we inspired", "we founded", "we fought", "we built" or "we governed" section the best? Why?



I liked we fought section of the meet the personalities section of the Canadian museum of civilization website because most of the people in that section reshaped the destiny of Canada and fought till they died just for Canada



Which personality interested you the most? Why?



Louis-Joseph and James Wolfe interested me the most because they risked their life and got wounded to help Canada. James Wolfe was a commander of the British forces at Quebec City. Wolfe defeated Montcalm in 1759 that got marked the beginning of British rule in Canada. Wolfe was a very good and experienced soldier.


I got my information for this question from these sites:










What are 3 more Canadians that can be added to the history museum?




I think Barack Obama should be added to the site because he was the first black American president. Barack Obama promised to make a change in the world and so-far hes doing a good job so that's why I think he should be added to the site. I couldn't find any site that had good information on Barack Obama. I think he shold go into the "we inspired" section because he inspired so many people to make a change.




I think that Harriet Tubman should be added to the site because she freed alot of black slaves and tried her best to save most of them but some of them got caught. Tubman was beaten and whipped by different owners so when she escaped she was desperate to rescue slaves. She made 13 trips to try and rescue some slaves. I think she should be added to the "we inspired" section because she inspired alot of other people to save black slaves and end slavery. I got my information from: This site that helped me with most of this information and had a good discription of hariet tubman.




James Naismith should be added to the site because he invented basket ball that's a very popular sport played all over the world and he inspired other people to make sports because he was only nine years old when James Naismith became a orphan. After school he finished his first four degrees at McGill University in Quebec. Naismith was teaching a physical education class at the age of 30. All of the games were getting boring so Naismith had to get another game. Luther Gulick, the Physical Education superintendent at Springfield College gave Naismith 14 days to develop a new game for the students. Naismith wanted a game of finesse and accuracy not a game that would be too physical. He came up with a soccer ball; two peach baskets set 10 feet in the air, 9 players on each team and 13 basic rules. That's how basket ball was invented. I think he mad a difference because if there was no basket ball there would probably be more overweight unhealthy kids. I think he should be in the "we inspired" section because he inspired many people to play the game and become a famous basket ball player and make other sports.







I played the history match-up-maker and Emily Carr and I were the most in common. I was not able to figure it out by the clues given and it was the first time I ever heard the name Emily Carr. The things that are different are that she is one of Canada's best known artists and im not. She visited Canada's northwest coast and drew pictures of the first nations villages she saw there. I don't want my pictures to be shown in an art gallery and become famous for my drawing with probably won't happen anyway but she is famous for her drawing and there are alot of them in galleries around the world.
In 2109 i want to be known as a Artist and a athlete runner. I drew a picture of the heart and in 2109 it helped a whole group of artists to find out the cure for a new type of cancer and aids so that now alot of people won't die because of those disses.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]CIzWajxITNcZa[/url] - HdBMh - http://hhmgziigpu.com